1. THE AIM OF THE GAME
You must have the highest combination to have the winning hand.
You must go to the gaming table with an initial bet called the “Stack”, previously bought at the cash desk, and place it prominently on the mat. During a game, you can rebuy. No rebuy is accepted during a hand. Your seat at the table is assigned by a draw.
2. PLAYING THE GAME
The dealer shuffles a deck of 52 cards in front of the players. The game begins with the placement of a marker (“Dealer” button). Before each deal, the two players seated immediately to the left of the Button are required to place a mandatory initial bet on the mat:
- The 1st player deposits a bet (“Small Blind”) equal to half of the minimum bet of the table;
- The 2nd player deposits a bet (“Big Blind”) whose amount is at least equal to that of the “Small Blind” and at most double.
Then, the dealer deals the cards, one by one, face down, starting with the player seated to the left of the Button and going clockwise. Each player receives two cards that they must protect. At the end of the deal, the players look at their hand.
2.A DURING THE GAME, YOU HAVE 4 GAMING OPTIONS:
- “Check”: announcing this allows you to stay in the game when no higher bet is placed before you;
- “Bet”: you place a bet at least equal to the “Big Blind”;
- “Fold”: you put your cards in front of you, face down;
- “Call”: you place a bet equal to that of the player preceding you;
- “Raise”: you place a bet that is at least double that of the player who bet.
2.B THE DEALER THEN PROCEEDS TO THE 1ST ROUND OF BETTING.
- The player to the left of the player who wagered the “Big Blind” speaks first. They can “Fold”, “Call” or “Raise”;
- The following players (up to the player who bet the “Small Blind”) are determined in the same way;
- The player who wagered the “Small Blind” then speaks. They can “Fold”, “Call” or “Raise”;
- The player who wagered the “Big Blind” then speaks. They can “Fold”, “Call”, “Raise” or “Check”.
When all players still in the game have bet the same amount, the first betting round is over. The dealer collects the wagers placed which they then place in the center of the table to constitute the “Pot”.
2.C THE FLOP
- The dealer burns the first card of the deck and reveals three cards: this is the “Flop”. These three community cards are “shared” by all players still in play;
- At this time, the remaining players proceed to a second betting round starting with the one located furthest to the left of the Button.
2.D THE TURN
- The dealer burns the first card of the deck and turns over an additional card, known as the “Turn”;
- The players then proceed to the third betting round.
2.E THE RIVER
- The dealer burns the first card of the deck and exposes one final card: the “River”;
- The players proceed to the last betting round.
These five cards constitute the “Board”.
3. WINNING HAND
- The dealer asks the remaining players to show their two cards, going clockwise of the dealer button;
- The best hand is determined by a combination of five cards taken from the seven cards available to the players. The winning hand is the one with the highest combination;
- In the event of a tie between the combinations of two or more players, calling for less than five cards, the highest hand will be the one with the highest player card outside of these combinations (the “Kicker”);
- In the event of a perfect tie, the “Pot” will be shared between all tied hands. There is a perfect tie when the players have the same combination made up of five cards from their two cards or from one of their two cards and the “Board”, or only from the “Board”;
- The dealer gives the winner the entire “Pot”, minus the legal deduction.
4.TEXAS HOLD'EM POKER HAND COMBINATIONS
(FROM WEAKEST TO STRONGEST)
|HAUTEUR ou carte forte||ABSENCE OF THE FOLLOWING COMBINATIONS BUT TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE HIGHEST CARD|
|PAIR||2 CARDS OF IDENTICAL FACE VALUE|
|TWO PAIR||2 LOTS OF 2 CARDS OF IDENTICAL VALUE|
|THREE OF A KIND||3 CARDS OF IDENTICAL FACE VALUE|
|STRAIGHT||SEQUENCE OF 5 CONSECUTIVE CARDS|
|FLUSH||5 CARDS OF THE SAME SUIT|
|FULL HOUSE||COMBINATION OF THREE OF A KIND AND A PAIR|
|FOUR OF A KIND||4 CARDS OF IDENTICAL FACE VALUE|
|STRAIGHT FLUSH||5 SEQUENTIAL CARDS OF THE SAME SUIT|
|ROYAL FLUSH||STRAIGHT OF THE SAME SUIT FEATURING 10, JACK, QUEEN, KING AND ACE|