PUNTO BANCO is a derivative of Baccarat. The game is played with a shoe of six decks of 52 cards. Each card has its face value except for the 10 and the face cards which are worth 0. The croupier ensures the smooth running of the game.
1. The aim of the game
PUNTO (the Player), BANCO (the Bank), or TIE?
To win: You just have to bet on who will have obtained a total of points closest to nine. It's pure chance!
2. Playing the game
With a maximum of 7 players seated at the table (half-moon shaped), you must bet on the outcome of a duel between PUNTO (the Player) and BANCO (the Bank), and/or a TIE.
After shuffling the cards or removing the cards from the shuffler, the croupier presents a cutting card to the player, who then inserts the card between the tenth and the eleventh card from the “heel” of the shoe, creating the last hand of the game.
A first card is taken out of the shoe and determines the number of cards that will be “burned” by the croupier (if the card drawn is a 7, seven cards will be burned; if the card drawn is a 10 or a face card, ten cards will be burned).
Before each deal, place your bet on the mat, on the square above your number. Bets cannot be withdrawn or modified until the next deal.
2.a Before the cards are dealt, you must choose to play:
- On the Player winning (“PUNTO” box);
- Or on the Bank winning (“BANCO” box);
- Or on a Tie (“ÉGALITÉ” box) between the Player and the Bank;
- Or simultaneously on a Tie (“ÉGALITÉ” box) and on one of the other two boxes (“PUNTO” winning or “BANCO” winning).
The croupier takes out the cards one by one, alternating the deal, starting with PUNTO then BANCO. They arrange the PUNTO (Player) cards on their right and the BANCO (Bank) cards on their left.
The PUNTO card is turned over first, then the BANCO card; the draw table is then applied.
- PUNTO is paid out at a tie;
- BANCO is paid out at a tie unless the Bank wins at 6, it will then be paid in half;
- TIE, the maximum amount of which cannot exceed 12% of the maximum bet; is paid out 8 for 1.
- If PUNTO and BANCO each have a total of 8 or 9 obtained with 2 cards, this is a “showdown”; no other card can be drawn.
2.b After drawing the two cards:
- If PUNTO has a total between 0 and 5, a third card must be drawn;
- For BANCO, the drawing of a third card is determined by the attached table.
In the event of croupier error on the drawing of the cards, the hand is re-established and a blank hand is given (without any bet). If this is not possible, the hand is canceled.
In the event of a dispute, the decision taken by Management is final.
3. The PUNTO BANCO Draw Table
4. Card Values
|OTHERS CARDS||FACE value from 2 to 9|